10.00-10.15 Welcome by the Organizers
10.15-10.30 Opening Remarks
10.30-12.00 DATA PROTECTION IN SOCIAL MEDIA: Privacy gets social
Chair: Roberto Lattanzi, Data Protection Authority, Italy
- Gönenç Gürkaynak, Managing Partner ELİG Attorneys-at-Law
"Legal Protection of Big Data for Social Media Platforms"
- Carlo Piltz, JBB Rechtsanwälte Berlin
"Social Media and European Data Protection Law"
- Prodromos Tsiavos, London School of Economics
"Social Media and Techno-social Responsibility: Techno-legal Solutions for Implementing the Right to be Forgotten"
- Burak Özdağıstanlı, Yüksel Karkın Küçük Attorney Partnership
"Privacy in Social Media"
12.00-13.30 LUNCH BREAK
13.30-15.00 DATA PROTECTION IN EDUCATION AND EDUCATION IN DATA PROTECTION
Chair: Yücel Saygın, Sabancı University, Faculty of Engineering and Natural Sciences
- Kürşat Çağıltay, METU, School of Education
"EU KidsOnline Findings: What/How do Turkish Children do Online?"
- Victoria Çetinkaya, Information Commissioner’s Office UK
"Data protection and education: a view from the UK"
- Joachim Kind, Safer Internet DE/klicksafe
"Klicksafe and Data Protection in Education"
- Yaprak Sarıışık, Education Reform Initiative
"Turkey's FATIH Project: A Plan to Conquer the Digital Divide, or a Technological Leap of Faith?"
15.00-15.15 COFFEE BREAK
15.15-16.45 DRAFT DATA PROTECTION ACT: Years Lost
Chair: Yüksel Hız, Ministry of Justice
- Yunus Emre Sılay, Ministry of Justice
"Personal Data Protection Draft Act"
- Nilgün Başalp, Istanbul Bilgi University, Faculty of Law
"The Draft DPA in Comparison With European DP Standards"
- Roberto Lattanzi, Data Protection Authority, Italy
"Data protection and its Relevance in the Information Society"
- Okan Çan, Deriş Attorney At Law Partnership
"Right to be Forgotten"
10.00-10.15 Opening Remarks
10.15-12.00 DATA PROTECTION AND E-HEALTH
Chair: Leyla Keser Berber, Istanbul Bilgi University
- Ulvi Altınışık, Ministry of Justice
"A General Overview of the Turkish Data Protection Legislation"
- Gürkan Sert, Marmara University
"Privacy of Patient Data and Medical Ethics"
- Hasan Ogan, Turkish Medical Association, Coordinator of Medical Data Working Party
"Personal Health Data and Transformation in Health"
- Hamide Tacir, Kadir Has University
"Protecting Patient Secrecy and Obligations of the Medical Doctors"
12.00-13.30 TOWARDS A HEALTHY DATA PROTECTION LAW IN TURKEY
Chair: Oktay Uygun, Yeditepe University
- Elif Küzeci, Bahcesehir University, Faculty of Law
"Medical Data Protection is a Human Right"
- İrem Cansu Atikcan, Yüksel Karkın Küçük Attaroney Partnership
"Protecting the Personal Data of Volunteers' in Clinical Trials"
- Mustafa Güler, Turkish Medical Association Legal Counsel
"What is Happening to Health Data?"
- Yasin Beceni, BTS & Partners
"Processing Non-Citizen’s Health Data"
13.30-14.30 DISCUSSION CLOSING REMARKS